Your North Jeffco Tennis Club has been awarded the
E.L. Griffey Award
Organization of the Year
by USTA Colorado
And not only did your diligent board accomplish this feat, but while in a
year of transition and expecting a drop in membership, they actually
increased our membership over 10% from the past several years to 386
Read more about it in this month’s Newsletter!
2019 PERMANENT COURT TIME (PCT) LOTTERY
When: Friday, October 12, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Where: Indian Tree Golf Course Clubhouse, 7555 Wadsworth
Why: The word is out that the Apex Tennis Center is the place to be! Be a part of the action by securing 30 weeks of permanent court time for the 2019 season. This consists of two 15-week sessions: Jan-Apr. and Sep.-Dec. This year, the lottery is open to all players, regardless of residency status!
BENEFITS OF PERMANENT COURT TIME (PCT)
- It’s guaranteed. Permanent court time gives you a regular time to play. The court is yours…no phone call or checking online to see if a court might be available.
- It’s convenient. You select your day and time, whether it be an hour and a half or two hours. Plan for the entire indoor season.
- It’s your group. Once you have secured your time slot, invite your friends, teammates, family, or tennis nemesis to join you for a session, or all season.
- It’s flexible. If your schedule changes, you can sell or give away your court time. It’s prepaid, so it’s yours to do what you’d like with.
- It’s social. The Apex Tennis Center is a gathering place for tennis enthusiasts. Be a part of the fun!
- It’s affordable. Not charging membership fees or guest fees reduces costs for all players. A true pay-to-play model.
PCT LOTTERY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- You must be present to select PCT.
- The lottery is available to all players, regardless of residency status.
- One entry per person, maximum 2 per household. The intention of the lottery is to give all individuals and groups an equitable opportunity to receive permanent court time. All entrants and staff are expected to act in good faith to uphold the spirit of the PCT lottery.
- Check-in and registration begin at 6pm. Appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages provided. Cash bar.
- Drawing and time slot selection will begin for Apex residents at 7pm and continue until all residents have had the opportunity to select a time slot. Non-resident selection will commence at 8pm and continue until all participants have selected, or until all available slots have been chosen.
- If your name is drawn, you will have 1 minute to select from the available time slots.
- Time slots are available in 1.5 hours or 2-hour increments.
- Your slot is good for the entire 2019 indoor season only…payment for all 30 weeks is required. We will not be grandfathering times, they will be reset for the 2020 season.
- Once you’ve selected your slot, a $100 non-refundable credit card, check, or cash deposit secures your PCT…this will be applied towards your first 15-week balance. Full payment for the first 15-week period (Jan.-Apr.) is due by December 15.
- As a courtesy to our players, payment for the second 15 weeks (Sep.-Dec.) will not be due until August 15, 2019.
- All permanent court time holders must have a household account at apexprd.org prior to payment.
PERMANENT COURT TIME PRICES
1.5 Hour Slot…1st payment (15 weeks) – $630 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $630 2019 Total – $1,260
2 Hour Slot.….1st payment (15 weeks) – $840 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $840 2019 Total – $1,680
1.5 Hour Slot…1st payment (15 weeks) – $720 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $720 2019 Total – $1,440
2 Hour Slot.….1st payment (15 weeks) – $960 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $960 2019 Total – $1,920
The 4×4 Tennis Tournament was a big success! Combine perfect weather, music, food, drink, friends new and old, and tennis for a great time.
To see more photographs, visit this website.
Many thanks to our sponsors who helped make this tournament possible.
Because there has been a bunch of avoidance issues that have come up I’m (Jason) going to be adjusting the schedule tonight please check with our site or Tennis Link later tonight/tomorrow morning.
The up/down play will be Saturday from 1-3:30pm
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up Now! Registration extended until 9/9
|Consolation is included, so everyone is guaranteed 2 matches. We’ll make exceptions for Colorado State Open players for one 4×4 event.|
Check out the agenda with a weekend full of excitement for players and spectators.
Don’t be intimidated, it’s the same game just shorter sets. Here are the easy rules (and we’ll have courtside volunteers to assist):
FAST4 Tennis Rules Overview
- First to four games wins – It doesn’t matter how you get there, just make sure you do before your opponent does!
- Tiebreaker at 3 game all – At 3 games all a tiebreak is played to 5 points. A deciding point will be played at 4 points all.
- No ad scoring – If the score reaches deuce, it’s a sudden death point. The receiver chooses which side to take the serve on. This also applies in doubles with the receiving pair deciding who receives the serve. However the pair cannot change positions. In mixed doubles the player of the same gender shall receive.
- Don’t play lets – Some FAST4 rules actually play lets, but we are not in this tournament since it causes more issues than it’s worth!
All finals matches are standard 2/3 sets w/ Coman tiebreaks.
A set of beautiful Belgian Beer Glasses go to each champion!!! And raffle prizes are going all weekend long.
Draws will be posted 9/11
North Jeffco Tennis Club (NJTC) celebrated their 2nd annual weekend of tennis in Keystone, Colorado. Combining passionate tennis players, wonderful food and beverages, and beautiful scenery last weekend was simply awesome.
Major kudos go to the volunteer organizers and chefs who made this weekend a huge success!
More photographs can be found at this website. I tried to get everyone’s picture but I might have been playing tennis at the same time as you. My apologies in advance if I missed you and your group!
Don’t forget to sign up for the next big NJTC event, the 4×4 Tournament September 13th – 16th, deadline for entry is September 6th. Sign up here.
Our friends at the Lakewood Tennis Association invited NJTC and even challenged us to play against them at Lakewood Park (Kipling and Alameda). Lakewood always does it right, so good food and drink was in good supply. This inaugural annual challenge was a morning event starting at 8am on a beautiful day. Lakewood ended up winning the event and the coveted trophy.
Here are some photographs from the day
The time has arrived for NJTC members to register for the August 17-18, 2018 Keystone Tennis Weekend.
Non-member registration begins July 1st.
- In a two bedroom condo
- Open tennis Friday afternoon
- Four hours of Court time on Saturday
- Open tennis on Sunday
Drills with Jamal
Only 32 slots available with this excellent instructor.
- All meals
Special notes to consider when registering
- You may register yourself and one other person at a time. If you know of others you’d like to room with, please include those names in the Note section
- Registration must include payment on-line to secure your place.
- Once 64 people have committed a waitlist will be created. Last year we took names from the waitlist so please get on that list after the trip fills.
- The Note section can be used to detail any dietary requirements.
- Logo’d tee-shirts will again be offered.
- Places still open on July 1 will be offered to non-members at a price of $210.00 per person.