If you do not live in the Apex Park and Rec District you may not know that all Apex facilities will close starting tomorrow through April 30th. This means no tennis at the Apex Tennis Center until April 30th. We will keep you updated with any information we receive, but in the meantime know that:
* The ATC has contacted those who had upcoming court reservations.
* Holders of Permanent Court Time will be contacted by the ATC regarding any refunds or credits.
* Players who have signed up for our March Social on Saturday March 21st will be refunded.
* Regarding league play.
USTA National has decided to suspend all USTA-sanctioned events through April 20 due to the coronavirus pandemic. This means:
– CTA Trio is cancelled for 2020. All registered players will receive a full refund. The process for this refund is still TBD.
– USTA Mixed 18 & Over. Since the suspension of league play affects 3 out of 7 weeks, the league will be shortened to a 4-5 week session. All registered teams/players have the option to opt-out of the league and receive a full refund. Team captains will be emailed directly to see if they would like to be scheduled in the league or receive a full refund. Captains must reply to email@example.com by March 17th.
– USTA Adult 18 & Over. Currently, the suspension only impacts one day of the league season (April 20 – June 4). Since this league takes 3 – 4 weeks to schedule, the only option is to continue to schedule the league under the assumption that league play will resume April 21 and teams will get a 6-7 week season. All registered teams/players have the option to opt-out of the league and receive a full refund. Team captains will be emailed directly to see if they would like to be scheduled in the league or receive a full refund. Captains must reply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/20. Matches that would initially be scheduled on 4/20 will be considered a floating match.
– USTA Adult 55 & Over and CTA Women’s Daytime Doubles. Decisions are still being made regarding these leagues. At this time the minimum roster deadline will continue to be April 3. If teams decide not to play due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, they can be issued a full refund.
This certainly isn’t the way we want to kick off the tennis session, but everyone’s health is paramount. I hope this emergency subsides quickly so we can get back to our daily routines, including lots of court time. Until then, continue to do what you can to keep yourself and your family happy and healthy.