Here are some photographs from last night’s gala
We Are Serving Up A
Grand Slam Tennis Party!!
At the New APEX Tennis Center
Friday, May 4th 6pm – 9pm
6430 Miller Street, Arvada 80004
Purchase tickets by April 27th
$25 in advance or $35 at the door
Don’t get stuck on the Baseline.
Rush in to support the tennis community!
Come be a part of a smashing evening
as we raise funds.
Apex Tennis Center Update
from Michele Crouse
Happy New Year! The excitement continues as we get closer to opening the new center. There have been several delays along the project timeline with the Excel Energy delay being the most impactful. As soon as gas and electricity are functional, the court playing surface will be installed. Staff, furniture, work stations, tennis supplies and the like can be brought into the ATC once the facility has passed inspection and the certificate of occupancy is received from the City of Arvada.
At this juncture, we anticipate the Grand Opening on Saturday, Feb. 17th, from 3pm – 6pm, check out this APEX web page for more information.
If you have concerns, questions, or comments please reach out to Michele or Brent, at email@example.com. We value your commitment and dedication to tennis in the Arvada area and are doing our absolute best to get the Apex Tennis Center open as soon as possible.
Michele Crouse, Tennis Coordinator
Apex Tennis Center
6430 Miller Street
Arvada, CO 80004
The new indoor tennis courts at the Apex Tennis Center are opening in January 2018, and block time is now available for purchase to all interested players! Permanent court time consists of two 15-week sessions: Jan-Apr. and Sep.-Dec.
BENEFITS OF PERMANENT COURT TIME (PCT)
- It’s guaranteed. Permanent court time gives you a regular time to play. The court is yours…no phone call or checking online to see if a court might be available.
- It’s convenient. You select your day and time, whether it be an hour and a half, or two hours. Plan for the entire indoor season.
- It’s your group. Once you have secured your time slot, invite your friends, teammates, family, or tennis nemesis to join you for a session, or all season.
- It’s flexible. If your schedule changes, you can sell or give away your court time. It’s prepaid, so it’s yours to do what you’d like with.
- It’s social. The Apex Tennis Center will be a gathering place for tennis enthusiasts. Be a part of the awesomeness!
- It’s affordable. Not charging membership fees or guest fees reduces costs for all players. A true pay-to-play model.
PCT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Interested players may purchase either 1 or 2-time slots.
- Available time slots are 1.5 or 2 hours in length.
- Your slot is good for the entire 2018 indoor season only. We will not be grandfathering times, they will be reset for the 2019 season.
- Contact Michele, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your court time request, address, and phone number.
- You will receive a reply confirming the time you’ve requested is available or you will be asked to make another selection.
- Along with tentative approval, you will receive a set of instructions for setting up your Apex online account. Thank you in advance for taking care of this immediately.
- Following account creation, call the Apex Racquetball and Fitness Center, 303-431-9004, to
process your credit card for the first 15 weeks (Jan-April). The second 15-week installment will not be due until August 22, 2018.
- If you prefer, you may come into the Apex Racquetball and Fitness Center to pay with cash, check or charge.
- Payment must be received within 48 hours to avoid losing your slot.
PERMANENT COURT TIME PRICES-RESIDENT
1 Hour Slot……1st payment (15 weeks) – $420 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $420 2018 Total – $840
1.5 Hour Slot…1st payment (15 weeks) – $630 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $630 2018 Total – $1,260
2 Hour Slot.….1st payment (15 weeks) – $840 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $840 2018 Total – $1,680
PERMANENT COURT TIME PRICES-NON-RESIDENT
1 Hour Slot……1st payment (15 weeks) – $480 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $480 2018 Total – $960
1.5 Hour Slot…1st payment (15 weeks) – $720 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $720 2018 Total – $1,440
2 Hour Slot.….1st payment (15 weeks) – $960 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $840 2018 Total – $1,920
See a PDF of this information
The Apex Tennis Center has an indoor tennis structure!
The ATC construction continues on.
Read more on our 1st club newsletter (see page 12)
4×4 Update! – Postponed!
As we’ve been gathering steam and a ton of community support, we regretfully must announce that we will have to postpone the NJTC 4×4 from this fall until next spring. While the Apex Park and Recreation District have truly done everything in their control to make this happen on time, unforeseen circumstances have forced them to push back the opening date for the outdoor portion. As a result of the recent construction boom in the City of Arvada and the metro Denver area, the Apex Tennis Center opening has been delayed. Specific factors include backups in the permitting process and challenges with scheduling qualified subcontractors. Timeline updates will be announced as soon as they are available. If you have any questions regarding this, please don’t hesitate to reach out and email Apex at email@example.com
Lots of dirt is being brought in and compacted to even out the landscape. Existing outdoor courts are being prepped to allow for electrical and post tensioned framing. Youth and adult lessons, camps, drills, TANS, and private lessons continue on at courts within the city. Signs should always be posted, when courts are reserved, but on occasion, signs have gone missing or our pro’s scheduled a spur of the moment lesson. Thank you for moving, should you be asked, when not involved with a league match.
Continue to leave phone messages at the Arvada Tennis Center 303-420-1210 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I return calls once or twice a day and on weekends when it has impact on scheduled leagues play. Racquet stringing operations are transitioning over to the Racquetball and Fitness Center and you can purchase balls, overwraps, and dampeners. RFC staff is learning more about tennis each day, so thank you for supplying as much information as you can, when dropping off a racquet or needing to make a purchase. We’ll always call if we have questions about your stringing request.
Great job dropping off high school keys immediately following your match when playing during the day, or by 8 am the morning following an evening match. Daytime players count on this! The Racquetball and Fitness Center is open 5:30-9 pm Monday – Thursday; Friday 5:30-7 pm; Saturday 7-1; Sunday 8-1. We are open on July 4th from 8-1. Use dedicated parking spaces when picking up/dropping off keys-thank you for not parking along the curb, in fire lanes or disabled spots-the entrance to our facility is narrow.
As always, please reach out to me with any questions, concerns, suggestions, ideas or offers to help repair nets or blow courts so all can have a great time on the court!
One of our North Jeffco Tennis Club 6.0 mixed teams went to Districts and won! They are going to Sectionals in Idaho.
Tom Stratman, Kelly Weinberg, Cheri D’Ascoli, and Grant Nelson