NJTC’s new League Coordinators, Jessica and Laura, will be conducting our annual, mandatory captain meetings as listed below. Captains and co-captains need to attend one of these two meetings. USTA changes, updates for court usage at the ATC for League play and the new password to the Captains page on our website will be discussed. For 2019 there will also be a new process in place for connecting players with teams with the hope that everyone who wants to play in a league, can.
Saturday February 9th at 10:30am
Tuesday February 19th at 6:30pm
Registration starts soon. Watch this pages for more information.
Hey Tennis Fam and Organization of the Year!
Just a reminder that our excellent Annual Meeting is just around the corner, so mark your calendar and plan to attend.
Saturday, January 26th, 2019
Stenger Field House
5724 Oak Street
We’ll have free pizza and will be raffling off
FULL NJTC MEMBERSHIPS!!!!
So come join us in recapping an amazing 2018 and getting excited for 2019.
Follow these links and you’ll find the 2018 Annual Meeting minutes, the Annual Meeting Agenda, proposed 2019 ballot, and the 2018 final budget / 2019 proposed budget, Please remember that only members can vote (not partners or family that were not members).
As well, be on the lookout for our flashy ad in the Colorado Big Book for 2019
Congratulations on a historic year!
Your Prez, PJ
Apex Tennis Center Fall Permanent Court Time Spots
Season begins January 6, 2019
1.5 Hours (15 Weeks) $630
2 Hours (15 Weeks) $840
1.5 Hours (15 Weeks) $720
2 Hours (15 Weeks) $960
Contact MicheleC@ApexPRD.org or 303.425.8810 for available days and times.
Secure your 15-week time today!
7 - 9am
1 - 3pm
7 - 9am
7 - 9am
7 - 9am
1 - 3pm
6:30 - 8pm
7 - 9am
Your North Jeffco Tennis Club has been awarded the
E.L. Griffey Award
Organization of the Year
by USTA Colorado
And not only did your diligent board accomplish this feat, but while in a
year of transition and expecting a drop in membership, they actually
increased our membership over 10% from the past several years to 386
Read more about it in this month’s Newsletter!
2019 PERMANENT COURT TIME (PCT) LOTTERY
When: Friday, October 12, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Where: Indian Tree Golf Course Clubhouse, 7555 Wadsworth
Why: The word is out that the Apex Tennis Center is the place to be! Be a part of the action by securing 30 weeks of permanent court time for the 2019 season. This consists of two 15-week sessions: Jan-Apr. and Sep.-Dec. This year, the lottery is open to all players, regardless of residency status!
BENEFITS OF PERMANENT COURT TIME (PCT)
- It’s guaranteed. Permanent court time gives you a regular time to play. The court is yours…no phone call or checking online to see if a court might be available.
- It’s convenient. You select your day and time, whether it be an hour and a half or two hours. Plan for the entire indoor season.
- It’s your group. Once you have secured your time slot, invite your friends, teammates, family, or tennis nemesis to join you for a session, or all season.
- It’s flexible. If your schedule changes, you can sell or give away your court time. It’s prepaid, so it’s yours to do what you’d like with.
- It’s social. The Apex Tennis Center is a gathering place for tennis enthusiasts. Be a part of the fun!
- It’s affordable. Not charging membership fees or guest fees reduces costs for all players. A true pay-to-play model.
PCT LOTTERY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- You must be present to select PCT.
- The lottery is available to all players, regardless of residency status.
- One entry per person, maximum 2 per household. The intention of the lottery is to give all individuals and groups an equitable opportunity to receive permanent court time. All entrants and staff are expected to act in good faith to uphold the spirit of the PCT lottery.
- Check-in and registration begin at 6pm. Appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages provided. Cash bar.
- Drawing and time slot selection will begin for Apex residents at 7pm and continue until all residents have had the opportunity to select a time slot. Non-resident selection will commence at 8pm and continue until all participants have selected, or until all available slots have been chosen.
- If your name is drawn, you will have 1 minute to select from the available time slots.
- Time slots are available in 1.5 hours or 2-hour increments.
- Your slot is good for the entire 2019 indoor season only…payment for all 30 weeks is required. We will not be grandfathering times, they will be reset for the 2020 season.
- Once you’ve selected your slot, a $100 non-refundable credit card, check, or cash deposit secures your PCT…this will be applied towards your first 15-week balance. Full payment for the first 15-week period (Jan.-Apr.) is due by December 15.
- As a courtesy to our players, payment for the second 15 weeks (Sep.-Dec.) will not be due until August 15, 2019.
- All permanent court time holders must have a household account at apexprd.org prior to payment.
PERMANENT COURT TIME PRICES
1.5 Hour Slot…1st payment (15 weeks) – $630 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $630 2019 Total – $1,260
2 Hour Slot.….1st payment (15 weeks) – $840 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $840 2019 Total – $1,680
1.5 Hour Slot…1st payment (15 weeks) – $720 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $720 2019 Total – $1,440
2 Hour Slot.….1st payment (15 weeks) – $960 2nd payment (15 weeks) – $960 2019 Total – $1,920
The 4×4 Tennis Tournament was a big success! Combine perfect weather, music, food, drink, friends new and old, and tennis for a great time.
To see more photographs, visit this website.
Many thanks to our sponsors who helped make this tournament possible.
Because there has been a bunch of avoidance issues that have come up I’m (Jason) going to be adjusting the schedule tonight please check with our site or Tennis Link later tonight/tomorrow morning.
The up/down play will be Saturday from 1-3:30pm
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up Now! Registration extended until 9/9
|Consolation is included, so everyone is guaranteed 2 matches. We’ll make exceptions for Colorado State Open players for one 4×4 event.|
Check out the agenda with a weekend full of excitement for players and spectators.
Don’t be intimidated, it’s the same game just shorter sets. Here are the easy rules (and we’ll have courtside volunteers to assist):
FAST4 Tennis Rules Overview
- First to four games wins – It doesn’t matter how you get there, just make sure you do before your opponent does!
- Tiebreaker at 3 game all – At 3 games all a tiebreak is played to 5 points. A deciding point will be played at 4 points all.
- No ad scoring – If the score reaches deuce, it’s a sudden death point. The receiver chooses which side to take the serve on. This also applies in doubles with the receiving pair deciding who receives the serve. However the pair cannot change positions. In mixed doubles the player of the same gender shall receive.
- Don’t play lets – Some FAST4 rules actually play lets, but we are not in this tournament since it causes more issues than it’s worth!
All finals matches are standard 2/3 sets w/ Coman tiebreaks.
A set of beautiful Belgian Beer Glasses go to each champion!!! And raffle prizes are going all weekend long.
Draws will be posted 9/11